My 3DTriSport Pedometer is not counting my steps accurately / counting too many / too few steps?
Modified on: Thu, 1 Nov, 2018 at 9:59 AM
Reasons why your pedometer is not counting your steps accurately include:
- The way you are wearing your pedometer.
- Using your pedometer in small indoor environments.
- Your steps are slower or lighter than regular.
- Not being aware of the 10 Step Error Prevention feature.
- Your step record was reset to zero without you knowing.
- In very rare cases, if your step count is extremely low/high you may have a rare faulty unit.
How to wear your pedometer:
Your 3DtriSport Pedometer can be carried in different positions using these 2 main principles: Secure your pedometer to prevent loss and stabalize your pedometer to avoid bouncing around. The best ways to wear your pedometer are: Clipping it to your pocket or hip, wearing it around your neck on the lanyard included or placing it inside a secure pocket or bag (not loose). You can even clip it facing inside a pocket, as a discreet option.
Using your pedometer in indoor environments / 10 Step Error Prevention feature:
Like most accurate 3D pedometers, your 3DTriSport has a 10-step error prevention feature, it will begin/resume counting steps once it detects motion resembling 10 continuous steps.
Your pedometer does not count the first 10 steps unless you take a 10th step without stopping. As you take a 10th step, the step count sensor turns on and all 10 steps are added and will continue adding until continuous walking stops.
This error prevention feature prevents random, non-walking movements from being falsely counted as steps, because pedometers are not capable of distinguishing between one-off stop-start steps and other movements (especially in indoor environments) this is why error prevention is essential. Without it, any movement would be counted as a step.
Your steps are slower or lighter than regular:
Pedometers do rely on a certain threshold of step impact to recognise and count steps. If your steps are slower or lighter than regular then the pedometer sensor may not be able to detect your steps. This step impact threshold is essential for pedometers to avoid counting false steps.
Your step record was reset to zero without you knowing:
1. Your daily records, including your step record, reset automatically to zero at midnight everyday ready to track for a new day - Make sure that the correct time is set on your pedometer to avoid unexpected reset. See FAQ: "My 3DTriSport Pedometer is resetting unexpectedly during the day?"
2. Your current record on the display will be reset to zero if the small RES button is pressed and held for a few seconds. Avoid prolonged contact with the buttons.
If you are making contact with the buttons when handling the clip, just remove the pedometer from the clip and slide it in the other way around - This will resolve prolonged button contact when handling the clip.
If you believe you may have a rare faulty pedometer please contact us using the information below.
If you need support or have any questions, please contact us by clicking here (or click on the 'New support ticket' option on the top-right of this page).
You can also contact us by referring to our contact information printed on the front of your 3DTriSport Pedometer User Manual.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.